Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back in the Kitchen

I usually judge my treatment recovery by when I feel ready to return to the kitchen and prepare a meal. Well, after weeks of having good friends prepare meals for me, I finally hit the kitchen last Monday. The meal wasn't fancy but it was a good feeling to be hovering over the stove top again. My dear friend, Deirdre, arrived from the Philadelphia area earlier in the day. I decided I would prepare dinner with her assistance. We fixed tilapia in a lemon butter sauce, and green beans. Simple, but tasty. And a major accomplishment in a long road to recovery.

4 comments:

Piglet's Buddy said...

Really glad to see this post

Liz said...

I'm with Piglet's Buddy on this one. This post makes me SO happy! Go, Dick, Go!!!!! xoxo

Liz said...

Just checking in. How goes it, Simpson? xoxo

Richard said...

Better everyday. Cooked an easy salmon dinner tonight. First one since the tilapia. All my helpers are gone now, so i have to start fending for myself. Frank will be over for part of the weekend. I am driving again, and trying to build my strength.

I got some great news yesterday on the MRI results - while there are still a couple small tumors in the brain, they continue to decrease in size, and no new ones. The CT scan isn't scheduled until next Wednesday so I won't know about the rest of the body until then, but I am expecting similar results. I'll post something or send an email blast once I have all the results.

Thanks for checking