Friday, October 28, 2011

FSS in Philadelphia


Friday Saturday Sunday (<---  click to view site) is open on Monday. Fortunately for us since we had reservations at this Center City Philadelphia restaurant for dinner last Monday. We just returned from a short visit to our friend Deirdre. We took a recommendation from our friend Liz blog Never Trust a Skinny Cook and booked at this long established restaurant.  It was great. There were 5 of us in the group, Frank, Deirdre, me and two other friends from my Ireland trip with Deirdre, a few years ago. All agreed the food and service was really good. I had the "rack of lamb" basically two of the thickest chops I have ever had and cooked to a perfect medium rare. Frank had the butternut squash ravioli in a sage brown butter sauce - loved it. Fran ordered the steak, again cooked perfectly, to which she proclaimed, "This is the best steak I have ever eaten". Els, (Fran's sister) had the crab cakes - another winner. Unfortunately I don't remember what Deirdre had, but she liked it too. (Bad memory).

The ladies had the coconut cream pie (Wow! I had a taste) and Frank and I split the bread pudding.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was a great suggestion, Liz. Thank you. And thanks to Deirdre for the wonderful hospitality during our visit.

No comments: