Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Carmel Cafe

You are so right, Bob, I did not blog about Carmel Cafe previously so I am going to fix that omission since the restaurant is definitely worth a post. Carmel Cafe has 4 locations (South Tampa, Carrollwood, Clearwater, and Sarasota) and offers a broad selection of "Modern Mediterranean Cuisine" as small plates (tapas style) or full dinners. They also have a large by-the-glass wine selection. Frank and I joined another friend, Roger, on his first visit to Carmel. To the best of my recollection we shared Fried Calamari, Seared Scallops, and some other nice dishes that have escaped my memory. Everything was tasty and well prepared. Give it a try if you are near any of their locations. We dined at the Clearwater location with it's casual, but classy contemporary decor, the corporate standard. 


The restaurant uses Apple iPads to present the menu and allows each customer to place their order for food and wine from the iPad that was provided when seated. Very neat and it worked great. When you need a refill, place another order or settle the bill, it is all done on the iPad. Whether you are techie challenged or not, they have hard copy menus and a very competent serving staff.


I would expect this small local chain to grow since one of the co-founders is Chris Sullivan, of Outback Group fame.




LOCATION:
Carmel Café and Wine Bar
2548 McMullen Booth Road
Clearwater, FL, 33761

1 comment:

arcadian said...

Hey! I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't try to keep you on your toes!
Thanks for the review!

Bob