Friday, December 18, 2009

Catch Up

I feel like I am always behind with my posts, so this one will be a catch up.
First, on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, (yes, that long ago), my co-worker Jason, his lovely wife, Britney, and their two children, Ian and Loren (aka LoLo), came over to visit and to see what I have been raving about for the past year plus... my city, Saint Petersburg.We had a nice lunch at Z Grill (mentioned in prior posts) followed by gelati across from Straub Park. It was a fun day. 
Next, on Wednesday, after spending the day (again) at Moffitt, Frank and I met our friends Paul and Libby for dinner at J. Alexander's. We don't get to see them often, so it was a great opportunity to catch up since our last visit. And, Paul delivered three bottles of Unti wine which he had ordered for me. I can't wait to pop the cork on one of the bottles. This small Sonoma winery specializes in Italian varietals, so you know I will like them. Even better, Paul gave me a painting which he created specifically for my redecorated study/guest room. I will post photographs once I hang it. I love it.
This evening, after work, I met Bob G (Mr. 15-minutes of fame), Bob S and Clyde at Bahama Breeze for a pre-holiday dinner. I enjoyed a paella, which was loaded with shrimp, scallops, mussels, chicken and sausage.  


Teasers: Future posts will cover the Feast of Seven Fishes (Christmas Eve Dinner) and P&L (actually L&P if we stick to the proper order of things)


That's all for now!

No comments: