Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unsolicited Plugs

 Your attention please. Some of my very best friends have their own blogs, as I have mentioned before. I would like to take this opportunity to direct your surfing to them again.


First, Paul and Libby have hit the road again. Well actually the high seas as they embarked on another Mediterranean cruise. Paul is frequently missing from the blogosphere except when the travel bug bites in their quest of the travel trifecta - to visit 100 countries, 50 states and 7 continents. Follow their travels at Paul & Libby's World of Travel.  (Oh, and this plug isn't based on the mention Frank and I received in today's post as the ship sailed from Venice, Italy)


Next, is my often mentioned culinary guru, Liz. She earned another mention because she put a picture of the two of us on her blog, and she has issued me a culinary challenge; to cook my way through the lovely "Ad Hoc at Home" cookbook by Thomas Keller which she gave me for my birthday. She speaks the truth about our friendship and experiences, except for the risotto - she definitely taught me! Her blog is filled with wonderful recipes so fire up the oven and check Never Trust a Skinny Cook.


Liz dear! Do you think I can find pork belly for the Confit of Pork Belly at Publix, or will they laugh and say "What?" with the deer in the headlight look? 


Both of these blogs are listed in My Blog List on the right sidebar, including the blog of David Lebovitz who I have never met, but writes a fun, foodie oriented blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, crap. You called my bluff. Guess that means the challenge is O
N!

Glad you are enjoying Chicago! Keep posting, please....