Monday, March 21, 2011

Lobster and More Lobster

We do not eat lobster very ofter, but this past weekend found me dining twice on lobster. My dear cousin, Shirley, shipped two lobster tails and two steaks from Omaha Steaks. This was a very kind and generous gift. So, Saturday, Frank and I fixed the two tails with asparagus. They were excellent, very tasty and just the right size. Of course in my normal eating mode which I haven't recovered yet, I would have been tempted to do surf and turf. But the lobster was more than enough, especially since lobster is the best way to get melted butter to the mouth. Thank you Shirley for a lovely meal.


On Sunday we decided to go to 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House. It was a beautiful day for outside dining so we took a sidewalk table overlooking Straub Park and the bay beyond. But let's get back to the lobster. The first time I ate at  400 Beach I had the lobster roll and found it lacking in flavor. That was over a year ago, and since I already had lobster breath from the night before, I thought I would give it another chance. While this time it had slightly more seasoning, it still was fairly bland. No more lobster roll from 400 Beach for me. It was a far cry from Legal Seafood. (Among others I've had).


Quick Health Update: I continue to improve, but it seems far too slow of a recovery for me. But I am going in the right direction. I just need more energy. 

1 comment:

Piglet's Buddy said...

Glad to see another post.
I know the pace of recovery doesn't please you, but you'll get there.
Bob