Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tryst

Another new restaurant opened along Beach Drive in St. Petersburg called "Tryst", which is billed as a gastropub. We went for lunch a few weeks ago and found the food unmemorable, but the decor was very stylish. On the first visit Frank had an "ordinary" Caesar Salad"and I had the lamb burger, dry and overcooked, I requested medium rare, this one was well done.


We made a return visit for lunch yesterday (Saturday) and had a much better experience. Frank enjoyed their Goat Cheese and Arugula salad, while I will give my Chicken & Andouille  Sausage Gumbo a thumbs up. I also ordered the appetizer of Seared Ahi Tuna with Grapefruit wedges. The Tuna was cooked to a perfect rare, but was lacking in flavor. 


While this visit was a definite improvement over the first visit, I would like to return to try the dinner menu.  Tryst is a classy space in golds, silvers, and black with great banquets (check their website) on one long wall. They have indoor and outdoor seating,  a long indoor bar and a smaller outdoor accessible bar facing on Beach Drive. Service was very good and the location is great.  I think their focus will be more on the hip bar crowd. 


That's all I'm Saying

No comments: