Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Greetings

A very Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to everyone. 

Frank and I created another lovely meal last night, for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Fortunately I took the day off from work so I had plenty of time to shop at Mazzaro's and prep for dinner. The menu:
  • Tuna Tartare with cucumber salad, and orange glazed crispy shrimp with a scallion cream sauce. (inspired by a dish I had at Todd English's Bluezoo - see earlier post)
  • Duck breast with cherries in port wine sauce
  • Seared sea scallops
  • Eggplant Napoleon with a basil olive oil
  • Parsley new potatoes
  • Lemon Panna Cotta with fresh raspberries and raspberry coulis. 
Christmas day dinner was a family affair at my niece Cherie's home in Sarasota. She prepared a wonderful standing rib roast with green beans and potatoes Au gratin (compliments of my nephew, Biff)

Now I need a rest from all the great food.

Peace to all !

No comments: