Friday, December 19, 2008

A Free Day

I am taking one of my few remaining vacation days today, for no reason other than I have to use it or lose it. Since it is a lovely sunny day in St. Pete, I went for a long walk, had lunch at a new vegetarian place on Central and wandered the streets for a while. 

Here is a brief update on my health situation: The pathology reports came back good, no cancer in the lymph nodes. However the melanoma was deep - 7mm thick, and the oncologist is concerned about recurrence of cancer. So I will be starting interferon infusions in January to decrease the chance of a recurrence. 

The downtown restaurant scene continues to change, with a new Z Grill opening, and a soon to open Red Mesa Cantina only blocks from the loft. Frank, him Mom and I tested Marchands at the Vinoy last week. We had a very nice meal in a nice setting. I had a lamb tenderloin that was cooked perfectly medium rare. It was very good, but not as good as the "best ever" lamb tenderloin at Bayona in New Orleans. 

Finally, Straub Park is aglow with Christmas and Holiday decorations. The weather has been perfect for evening strolls through the park to enjoy the festive environment. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, come on by for a walk in the park.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Do you notice if Marchands still has a white chocolate cheesecake with Oreo cookie crust on the menu?