Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bowled Over

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the Gasparilla Festival of Arts, as I mentioned in a previous post. I am always on the lookout for a new piece of art glass, and walked through the majority of the exhibits without finding anything that caught my interest. Then I walked into the exhibit booth of Xochitl Ross, a Melbourne Beach glass artist. Click on her name to check out her site. Well, glass was jumping off the shelves, attaching to me with velcro. This is a common occurrence for me it the object is art glass, some books, and anything Italian. I found two or three pieces that I really liked and settled on the one pictured here. I loved the shape and the color, and the design reminded me of some of the work of Joan Miro. There is something organic about this piece, and I am very happy with my new purchase.

1 comment: