Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where Have I Been?

My last post was over a week ago, so it is time for a brief update. I returned to work last week after a two week break for the last surgery. Believe it or not, it was good to be back at work, at least it gave me some sense of accomplishment. So, I worked Monday thru Thursday, then on Thursday evening, my good friend from Philadelphia, Deirdre, arrived for a weekend visit. We enjoyed a relaxing weekend, with occasional walks to show her my home city and to eat at some of my favorite places. Our dining took us to Red Mesa Cantina, The Hurricane at Pass-a-Grill, (really good grouper sandwiches), Parkshore Grill (for her birthday dinner) and Buona Vita for a very nice Sunday brunch. We lucked out and had McCarron as our server again today. And, ta da..., a significant accomplishment for me, I stepped back into the kitchen on Friday to prepare a dinner for Deirdre, Frank and me. We dined on pan seared scallops in a lemon butter sauce, asparagus risotto, and Frank's Caprese Stack. This was all pared with a couple bottles of St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc. Nice...

That's all I'm Saying

No comments: