Friday, September 3, 2010

Internet Rumors - A Rant

Forgive me for a minute while I step out of topic (OT) for a short rant about emails rumors that constantly circulate view email. I am sure we have all received some of these and may have at times been guilty of forwarding them on to others. Fortunately I am receiving fewer and fewer of them, since I have at times, checked snopes.com to either verify or refute the claims and sent the clarification back to the person who sent me the email. But, there is really no way to stop this, since people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts. A case in point is well documented today in a snopes.com posting. Click here--->  SNOPES to read the post. The issues are not always political, many center on popular culture, or requests to send cards to sick/dying children (some of these have been circulating on the web for years). Thanks for listening.
That's All I'm Saying.

No comments: