Friday, October 26, 2012

A Day at Sea

We are en route from Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island, which means day 4 of our cruise is a Sea Day!

I love sea days, because they force you to do the one thing that so very often is missing from a vacation, i.e., relaxation!

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to get as much out of my time away as the next person. So much so that, at times, with the constant focus on itineraries and logistics and worries about ticket times and what is open and what is not and, oh Lord, will there be a bathroom that doesn't look like something out of Slumdog Millionaire, well, a vacation can seem like WORK!

So I say it's darn nice to have the time to read another chapter in that book you've been promising yourself to finish this year. Or take that nap in the middle of the DAY. Or sit down and actually enjoy that nice, tall glass of beer.

I guess I really should be giving you all some details about our day, like the nice lunch, or the wonderful performers, or the weather. And I will. Soon as I finish my beer. And perhaps after that nap.

Frank

No comments: