Saturday, September 13, 2008

Art and Food

... or is it Food and Art. Well tonight it was both. The Downtown Arts Association hosts the Second Saturday Gallery Walk where a number of galleries stay open until 9 PM on the second Saturday of each month. So, gallery walk I did, stopping at only three of the locations; Florida Craftsmen, The ArtLoft, and Glass Canvas. The latter was my favorite since I love art glass. This gallery carries all types of glass work from artists around the country. I found a number of pieces I liked, including a twelve to fifteen inch stack of multi-colored fused glass rectangles that changed color and appearance as you walked around the art. But alas, a purchase was not to be (at least not right now). I then walked to Straub Park and the Fine Arts Museum for a quick look in the Museum Store, before heading back home. 

On the way up Central Ave, I decided to stop in Bella Brava for a glass of wine and a artisanal cheese platter. My Echelon Pinot Noir paired nicely with the four cheeses and cranberry compote. It was a lovely way to finish an evening in my new city.

No comments: