Saturday, September 20, 2008

Food: (Part 2) Tap Tap Tapas

Tonight I walked (yes, walked) about 10 blocks to Ceviche, the St. Petersburg location of the Tampa based Spanish tapas restaurant. I actually dined at a sidewalk high-top table at Pincho y Pincho, their adjacent coffee shop and bar. The menu is the same, and it was a beautiful night with cool (yes, I said cool, but that is relative to the temperatures earlier in the day) breezes coming off the bay. With my two glasses of sangria, I enjoyed two tapas: grilled salmon with leeks in a saffron cream sauce and fresh (don't think canned) anchovies with minced onion and tomato on toasted baguette slices. Yes, they were very good, thank you very much! 

I then enjoyed a leisurely stroll home, up Central Avenue, people watching along the way. It was another nice day in my new city.

No comments: