Sunday, September 7, 2008

An Italian Treasure

I have found an Italian treasure in St. Petersburg. While not within walking distance, Mazzaro's Italian Market is only a ten minute drive, and worth the short trip. I made my first visit yesterday and was impressed by the variety and quality of their merchandise. The store is a large multi-room affair, with fresh meats, seafood, produce, pastas, prepared foods, etc. etc. They have a separate wine room with tastings on Saturday, which will have to be on my list for a future visit. There is a coffee bar, (they roast their own coffee beans) and a outdoor patio when you can enjoy their food.

I picked up a selection of grilled veggies, meats and cheeses for an antipasto tray, some fresh angle hair pasta, and a wonderful large round loaf of Tuscan bread.

Needless to say, I will return to this wonderful market. 


No comments: