Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day in Italy

Well, not really Italy, but in an Italian restaurant. Yep, it always gets back around to the food, doesn't it. Instead of making the green scene at an Irish pub we went to Buona Vita Ristorante, a fairly new restaurant in (where else) downtown St. Petersburg. Irish, Italian, they both start with an "I". This was our first visit, although we walk by it frequently on the way to other spots in downtown. 

It is a cute spot, with a small bar and a very eclectic mix of tables and chairs. We shared an order of Mussels Vaporett, in a white wine cream sauce. They were very good. For our entrees, Frank had Prosciutto and Cheese Sacchetti, little pasta bags filled with prosciutto and cheese in a pink mushroom cream sauce. I had Gnocchi Al Funghi, potato gnocchi in a mushroom cream sauce. The two sauces were very similar. I think Frank won on the entree selection. My gnocchi were not as tender as I would have liked. The other complaint we both had was that the sauces were too salty. 

We each had a couple bottles of Peroni (Italian beer) in very nice Peroni glasses. We had to have the beer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, of course.

We will definitely go back. It was good, but not up to Vino e Pasta's standards. 

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

No comments: