Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Road to Recovery

with a few stop along the road.

For those of you who did not received my medical center update earlier today; I am home, since late Monday afternoon, recovering at the expected pace or better. Overall, I have minimal pain, which is well controlled by the good drugs. I am eating good food, thanks to my friends who are looking after me this week. While I am on smaller portions as my stomach re-acclimates to the digestive process, I have not lost my appetite nor my taste buds. 

A week ago tonight, Frank and I had my pre-op dinner at Pacific Wave, in, where else, downtown St. Petersburg. Wow, it was very good. I won't go into the all the finite details but I must cover the entrees. They were excellent. I had the mixed grill. It had a small Filet Mignon, cooked perfectly medium rare, served with a Chimichurri, sauce; next was a couple seared diver sea scallops on a bed of mango salsa.  The third item of the trio, and the best of the three, was the escalar, a large-flake white fish (also known as butter fish) which was served on a bed of Okinawa sweet potato.

Frank's entree was a wonderful Crispy Seared Duck Breast and Confit with Soba noodles. Everything was great, not a mis-step the entire evening. We will go back. 


2 comments:

Paul said...

Glad you're back home, doing well, and returned to blogging. I thought about sending flowers. But, upon further reflection, instead I'm just going to bring "get well" wine when you're up for it.

:-)

Richard said...

Thank you my friend. Vino is always a welcomed recovery gift. Although I have been told it doesn't mix well with the pain killers. Let me be the judge of that! [grin]