Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Not all Sunshine in St. Petersburg

It has been a while since my last post, and while I want this blog to have a positive bent, life isn't always that way. And since this blog is about my life I must tell you a little story. 

A few weeks ago, I learned that I had a little "friend" (and that term is used very loosely) who had been tagging along with me where ever I went. I never realized the true intent of this "friend" and when I did, I had to get rid of him. His name was Mel A. Noma, and as of last Friday, he is no longer a part of my life. 

As many of my family and friends already know, I had a melanoma and a few lymph nodes removed on Friday by the great doctors and staff at Moffitt Cancer Center. So, Mel is gone and I am recovering from the surgery and a skin graft. I have my post-op appointment tomorrow (Wednesday) where I will get the pathology results. I expect good news and that I can close this chapter.

I will not dwell on this experience except to encourage everyone to monitor their skin and if you find an unwanted "friend" get the medical attention as soon as possible.


No comments: