Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carol S.

Frank and I headed to Mount Dora, FL after work last evening to partake in the 70th birthday celebration of our good fried Carol. Due to the drive time, we arrived after the party started, but we did not miss out on the good food, wine, and festivities with forty or so of Carol's friends and family. My favorite item from the extensive selections of food was the mini lobster rolls; mini rolls, not mini lobster. After a "breakfast" of superb popovers, fresh fruit and assorted party leftovers, we headed home. Tonight I fixed an asparagus risotto, that was very tasty.

Health Update: For those who may not know, my next surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, February 3 (just a few days away). I will be at Tampa General for a couple of day, then home to recover. Stay tuned for further updates after the surgery.

No comments: