Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy Weekend

Since Paul and Libby (see below post) are covering the World of Travel, while I am only planning future travels, I am going back to my other favorite topic... food.

But first, yesterday, we went to Orlando to help my cousin Carolyn and her husband, Gary celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a surprise party planned by their five children. I had a wonderful time reconnecting with relatives I do not see often, and some that I do. We had a great time reminiscing about the "good old days", and the large family events from our youth.

Dinner last night was at Citricos, at the Disney Grand Floridian. It exceeded our expectations and put a significant dent in the budget, but was well worth it. I will not go into finite detail (as I have been known to do in the past) other than to say, Frank and I each enjoyed a four course dinner, including dessert, and paired the recommended wine with each course. Three hours later, we left Citricos very pleased with the dining experience. Check out the menu on the website.

Lunch today was at Seasons 52, a Darden Group restaurant, and their best in my opinion. We were joined by our Orlando based friends, Glen and Lynn. It was nice to see both of them, and to catch up on each others lives, travels, and activities. I had a very nice buffalo burger, Frank had a blackened corvina (fish) sandwich. Seasons 52 does not disappoint. Apparently we will finally have a Seasons 52 in Tampa, at the site of the old Steak and Ale on Westshore Boulevard, just north of Kennedy.

On the way back to Pinellas County we stopped to visit with Frank's Mother. Well, she insisted on fixing her famous fried chicken and all the trimmings. We enjoyed another nice meal, but now it is back to the gym.

That's all I'm saying.

No comments: