Friday, June 19, 2009

How do you say,¨¨Roll me out the door¨ in French or Spanish

Wow, another wonderful meal, and I am so full. It is a good thing we like to walk a lot since it helps burn all the calories we are consuming. After the day in Colonia, we tried to go to a Tango show, but the one we selected was closed. So, option #2 was dinner at Brasserie Petanque, a highly rated French restaurant in San Telmo. Dining is late here, and we had to wait for the 8:30 PM opening. (Well we were only 20 minutes early). As usual, we had exceptional service from a young waiter who seemed to be working the entire restaurant. The restaurant was one of the top five rated by the New York Times. We shared a pate and terrine appetizer which was wonderful. I have trouble finding enough words to describe the food experience. My entree of Chauteaubriand was a half-pound of great Argentinian beef, grilled to perfection and served with a garlic and chive butter. The side dish was the best gratin I have ever had. It was made with zucchini, onion, and mushrooms. Very very tasty. Frank had a duck breast in mushroom sauce which was very tender and tasty. We were both too full to order dessert, so it was ¨roll me out the door¨ time to walk to the hotel.
Dinner tonight, including a bottle of Saurus Pinot Noir 2006 from Patagonia, came to a whopping total of $237 AR Pesos or $US 63 for two. Buenos Aires is the place to come for great food at a great price. Last nights dinner at the Hotel Intercontinental was $US 60. Amazing in my book considering the guality of food and service.
Sidebar: The streets are covered with a flood of yellow and black. Every taxi in BA is painted the same colors; yellow tops and black bodies. There are 40,000 taxis in this city, so most of the vehicles on the street at taxis.

That´s my story and I am sticking to it.

Oh, Paul, can you translate the post subject for me; I may need it again before we leave.

No comments: